We are happy to announce that Aileen Primero Tournament 2015 is scheduled for October 17th. Start looking for a partner for the tournament. We plan to have Men’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles, and Women’s Doubles groups for the tournament. We are hoping to do two tiers of each division (intermediate and advanced), so please encourage your friends to come and let’s make this tournament a great one! Also, please be sure to register for the tournament by October 17th. Prices and registration is via the tournament form, so please fill it out and get it back to us ASAP. Just in case if you are not able to find a partner we will try to match you with other interested player but no guarantees on that. Please see attached tournament form for more detail and for contact information.
1. Dates: See Schedule Below
2. Hosted by: Tucson Badminton Club
3. Venue: University of Arizona, Student Recreation Center
• Age Category
o 35+ Junior Senior
o 40+ Senior I
o 45+ Senior II
o 50+ Master I
o 55+ Master II
o 60+ Grand Master I
o 65+ Grand Master II
o 70+ Golden Master I
o 75+ Golden Master II
o 80+ Platinum Master
• Players are eligible for an age group provided they are 35+, 40+, 45+ etc. years of age by March 19, 2014.
• Men – Entries are limited to 4 events for MS, MD, WD, and XD.
• Women – This limitation does not apply to women players.
• If there are not enough entries in an event, the Tournament Director shall combine events.
The 75+ age event will be offered at the tournament. This event would be in addition to the age groups already established in this sanctioned tournament. That would mean additional court time for the 75+ age group in which all 75+ players who wish to participate will be included. Because this will be an exhibition event, no entry fee will be charged for participation. The exact format of the event and players included has not yet been established. The official format will be determined by the USAB tournament committee with input from the U.S.A.B. Masters Advisory Council and Masters players.
Wednesday March 19 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM Practice at venue
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Registration at host hotel & welcome party
Thursday March 20 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM Registration at venue
9:00 AM – 10:00 PM 55+ and older age groups
Friday March 21 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM Registration at venue
8:30 AM – 6:00 PM All age groups – 35+ to 50+ begin
Friday March 21 6:30PM – 9:00PM Dinner & drinks, Awards
Saturday March 22 8:30 AM – 10:00 PM All age groups
6. Tournament Contacts:
• Tournament Director
o Dudley Chen
o Cell: 305.903.2407
o Email: email@example.com
• Tucson Badminton Club
o Richard Alexander
o Phone: 520-405-9311
o Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. How to Enter; the Deadline, and the Fee:
• The Tucson Badminton Club is implementing online entry for this tournament.
• Players who intend to register for this tournament have a working email in order to receive an email confirming your entry and payment.
• Entry Deadline: The entry deadline is Friday, February 28 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. NO late entry will be accepted.
• Tournament Fees:
The organizers are charging the following fees:
o USAB Administration Fee – $15 per player (non-refundable)
o There is a $5.00 USAB Tournament Officials Fee for each entry
o Entry Fee – $30.00 per player per event (4 events maximum per person).
• Payment: Entry fee may be paid online or by check made out to: Tucson Senior National Badminton
Lorna M Hunter
11878 N Crescendo Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85737
Confirmation of Entry & Payment: • Registering players will receive an email confirmation generated by Tournament Software and it will include:
o events entered
o and for doubles, partners selected
o as well as the amount paid online by the registrant only (each doubles pair must register separately)
• Receipt of the email confirming your entry and payment is the conclusive evidence that you submitted your entry before the deadline.
• If a player has problems with the online entry, he/she should contact Richard Alexander 520-405-9311 and/or by email@example.com
To sign up go to Tournament Software and/or click on this link:
• Players should take note that they must be USAB members at the time of registering. To check your membership status or to join click here: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Badminton/Membership/Join-or-Renew
• Following the close of entries on Friday February 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM MST (Mountain Time, which is the USAB National Office time), the entries shall be deemed to be closed. After entering online, the player should print out the email confirmation receipt of their entry. It is up to the players to contact the Tournament Director and/or Richard Alexander if they wish to verify that their entry information was processed correctly.
(1) Dudley Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call 305.903.2407
(2) Richard Alexander email@example.com and/or call 520-405-9311
• Entries for doubles events must be received from both players of the doubles team/pair for the entry to be accepted or you may request a partner.
8. Doubles and Mixed Doubles:
• When entering in Doubles and/or Mixed Doubles, it is advisable that the registering player knows:
o that the partner has a current USAB membership
o the partner’s USAB Number # (this is to assist online entry as there could other USAB members with the
• Both players of a pair must register (enter and pay entry fee) separately.
• Once a player has been “selected”, the system will not allow the “selected player” to be chosen by another registrant.
• The partnership becomes valid only when both players have registered successfully.
• Partner Request Option
o If a player requires a partner for Doubles or Mixed Doubles, he/she (the requesting player) may select the “Partner Request Option.”
o The Tournament Director has the discretion to enter the requesting player in any event.
• Withdrawals must be done by email to Dudley Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org, and copied to Richard Alexander at email@example.com by Thursday March 6, 2014 at 11:59PM MST. For withdrawals done before this deadline, USAB and/or organizer will:
o refund the Entry Fees and the Dinner payment
o forfeit the Admin Fee ($15).
• For withdrawals done after the entry deadline Thursday March 6, 2014 at 11:59PM MST, USAB and/or organizer will:
o NO refund on any of the fees (Admin Fee, Umpire Fee and Entry Fees)
o refund the Dinner Payment
10. Regulations, Seedings, Draw and Shuttles
• This tournament will be held under the rules and regulations of USAB and BWF.
• The BWF 3 x 21 Rally Points Scoring System shall be used.
• All players at this tournament are advised that their clothing and advertising must conform to BWF regulations.
• Seeding will be based on the USAB Senior Rankings.
The draw will be conducted by the Tournament Director and/or the Referee. The draw will be published on the Tournament Software website at: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=A3CC003F-8183-4E0B-A584-6829D788AAF4
• Yonex feather shuttles will be used for this tournament.
• T-Shirt will be part of the admin fee.
• Please check your T-shirt size when you place the order. S,M,L,XL,XXL
12. Tournament Dinner:
• There will be a Tournament Dinner at the El Molinito Mexican Restaurant on Friday evening March 21, 2014.
• The dinner charge is $25 per person
• As seating is limited, it is recommended that interested participants confirm the number of people for the dinner and make the payment at the time of entering for the tournament.
• If the player decides to request to participate in the dinner after the tournament entry deadline, he/she should contact the Richard Alexander at 520-405-9311 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lorna Hunter at the venue.
13. Host Hotel:
DoubleTree by Hilton
445 S. Alvernon Way
• For reservations, call 520-881-4200
• Room rates: (ask for the badminton group rate):
o Single – $99 per night
o Double – $99 per night
• This rate is honored until March 3, 2014 and includes breakfast.
• Airport-Hotel-Airport : Discount offered by host hotel (and possibly other hotels)
• Hotel-Venue-Hotel : Limited free shuttle available
• Airport-Hotel-Airport : Discount offered by host hotel (and possibly other hotels)
The Arizona Senior Games are coming. Badminton is on the list of games and you can sign up to play here. Details of the tournament format and contact details can be seen on this link to a pdf. The general information is below. Good luck!
2013 BADMINTON No On-site Registration
EVENTS: Singles / Doubles / Mixed Doubles (one man and one woman)
DATES: Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3, 2013
TIME: Check in at 8:30 am Competition begins at 9:00 am
SITE: Morris K. Udall Regional Center, 7200 E Tanque Verde Rd. Tucson, AZ
AMENITIES: Restrooms: Yes Phones: Yes Food: Yes Water: Yes
FEES: $ 24 Registration and Processing Plus $8 for each event entered
DEADLINE: Friday, February 22, 2013
1 .Competition is in five-year age groups: 50-54, 55-59 etc.
2. Athletes may compete in only one age division.
3. Doubles age divisions determined by the age of the younger player.
4. Competitors must supply their own racquets.
5. Shuttlecocks provided by Arizona Senior Olympics.
6. Players who are alone in their age group will play in the next lower age group. Medals awarded by age.
1. Double elimination or Round Robin.
2. All games played to 21 points.
3. Commissioner reserves the right to alter the format based on the number of players.
All matches will be conducted in accordance with United States Badminton Association and NSGA rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of the United States Badminton Association rules, please write or call:
United States Badminton Association
One Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
The 2012 Yonex Denmark open has begun. You can watch it from the USA via youtube. All the qualification matches and the finals will be televised.
This Open is part of the OSIM Super Series, so the top ranked players will feature in this tournament. This link shows the qualification matches. Many thanks to Badminton.tv for supporting badminton by airing these to the internet.
I’m always told I need to watch how the professionals play badminton to improve my game. I’m sure you might get told the same thing. Here is the mens badminton finals of Lee Chong Wei vs Kenichi Tago.