The Arizona Senior Games are coming. Badminton is on the list of games and you can sign up to play here. Details of the tournament format and contact details can be seen on this link to a pdf. The general information is below. Good luck!
2013 BADMINTON No On-site Registration
EVENTS: Singles / Doubles / Mixed Doubles (one man and one woman)
DATES: Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3, 2013
TIME: Check in at 8:30 am Competition begins at 9:00 am
SITE: Morris K. Udall Regional Center, 7200 E Tanque Verde Rd. Tucson, AZ
AMENITIES: Restrooms: Yes Phones: Yes Food: Yes Water: Yes
FEES: $ 24 Registration and Processing Plus $8 for each event entered
DEADLINE: Friday, February 22, 2013
1 .Competition is in five-year age groups: 50-54, 55-59 etc.
2. Athletes may compete in only one age division.
3. Doubles age divisions determined by the age of the younger player.
4. Competitors must supply their own racquets.
5. Shuttlecocks provided by Arizona Senior Olympics.
6. Players who are alone in their age group will play in the next lower age group. Medals awarded by age.
1. Double elimination or Round Robin.
2. All games played to 21 points.
3. Commissioner reserves the right to alter the format based on the number of players.
All matches will be conducted in accordance with United States Badminton Association and NSGA rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of the United States Badminton Association rules, please write or call:
United States Badminton Association
One Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909