seniors, the arizona senior games badminton tournament is coming to tucson next month. this is a national qualifier, so will help you if you’re thinking of applying for the nationals. i have copied the information from the arizona senior games website.
2012 badminton. (National Qualifier)
No On-site Registration
Mixed Doubles (one man and one woman)
Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, March 4, 2012
Check in at 8:30 am Competition begins at 9:00 am
Morris K. Udall Regional Center
7200 E Tanque Verde Rd.
Restrooms: Yes Phones: Yes Food: Yes Water: Yes
$ 20 Onetime Application Fee
$ 8 for each event entered
DEADLINE: February 24, 2012
1 .Competition is in five-year age groups: 50-54, 55-59 etc.
2. Athletes may compete in only one age division.
3. Doubles age divisions determined by the age of the younger player.
4. Competitors must supply their own racquets.
5. Shuttlecocks provided by Arizona Senior Olympics.
6. Players who are alone in their age group will play in the next lower age group. Medals awarded by age.
1. Double elimination or Round Robin.
2. All games played to 21 points.
3. Commissioner reserves the right to alter the format based on the number of players.
All matches will be conducted in accordance with United States Badminton Association and NSGA rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of the United States Badminton Association rules, please write or call:
United States Badminton Association
One Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
SPORT COMMISSIONER Donna Hall (520) 749-1410
CO – COMMISSIONER Dianne Hendrickson (520) 791-4225